28 C
Mumbai
December 10, 2023
News

Dredging works at Kakinada Anchorage Port begins

According to Chairman of the AP Maritime Board Kayala Venkata Reddy, construction on the Kakinada Anchorage Port began on Thursday and has a budget of Rs 100 crore. On Thursday, Chairman Venkata Reddy, Kakinada MP Vanga Geetha, MLA Dwarampudi Chandrasekhar Reddy, and AP Rice Millers Association President Dwarampudi Veerabhadra Reddy all attended the opening of channel dredging operations near Cocanada Chamber of Commerce in Langalarevu, Kakinada.

According to Venkata Reddy, prior governments have considered it as a mere source of cash and paid little attention to its growth ever since the British government time. Additionally, it is known that the Central government has approved funding for the Sagar Mala project in the amount of Rs 100 crore.

He disclosed that measures are being taken to make the anchoring port a rival to private ports. ‘ Port development is a priority for Chief Minister Shri YS Jagan Mohan Reddy since it could lead to job possibilities.
According to Venkata Reddy, work on the Ramayapatnam port is progressing quickly, and work on the Bhavanapadu and Bandar ports is likely to start in December. He stated that it is expected that nine fishing harbours will be built throughout the State in the best benefit of fishermen. Five fishing harbours are anticipated to open very soon. He claimed that the marine board will serve as a conduit for communication between port employees and management in order to resolve issues.

According to MP Geeta, the anchoring ports, which would increase exports and imports and consequently support maritime workers’ livelihoods, are essential to the prosperity of the nation. According to her, Jagan’s administration will build a port in the KSEZ region with 3,000 crore rupees and with the help of the Center.

She stated that 75% of the ESI hospital’s construction was finished in Kakinada, and the remaining 25% will be finished soon, allowing for the start of ESI hospital services on May 31, 2023.

Related posts

SAFEEN Feeders Launches New UAE- China Service

Littoral Wind

New Mangalore Port to call the first cruise ship of the season.

Littoral Wind

IRISL to set up representative offices in India to strengthen activity

Littoral Wind

Leave a Comment